Top rated Kansas & Missouri car & truck accident lawyer with decades of experience and millions of dollars recovered for clients like you
Lawrence Flick is the founder, Senior Attorney and Litigation Director of Flick Law Firm established in 1989. He graduated and received his J.D. degree from the University of Kansas Law School in 1982 and has more than 35 years of broad-based legal experience in private law firms and for the government. Lawrence has represented personal injury clients in jury trials in federal and state court and has argued appeals before the Kansas Supreme Court and Kansas Court of Appeals.
Lawrence is admitted to practice in Kansas, Missouri, District of Columbia (inactive), the United States Courts of Appeals for the 8th and 10th Circuits and United States District Courts for Kansas, Colorado, and Western Missouri. He is recognized as a Top 100 Trial Attorney by the National Trial Lawyers. Lawrence is rated a perfect 10.0 (Superb) by the legal website Avvo and has received 5 star client reviews on AVVO with comments like: “Amazing Attorney!!” and “Excellent Truck Accident Lawyer”. He is also a recipient of the Jackson Family Award of Service.
Lawrence is a member of the Missouri Bar, Kansas Bar Association, District Of Columbia Bar, American Association for Justice, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Kansas Association for Justice, Association of Plaintiff’s Interstate Trucking Lawyers, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Wyandotte County Bar Association, Johnson County Bar Association, Earl E. O’Connor American Inn Of Court and other law groups.
For more than 25 years Lawrence has represented people injured in motor vehicle crashes and now handles these cases almost exclusively. He has broad experience with a wide range of motor vehicle collision cases and has recovered millions of dollars for people injured in crashes. Most of his cases involve truck or car accidents.
For more than 20 years Lawrence has successfully represented people injured in truck crashes like rear end collisions, sideswipes and intersection collisions involving several semis, one semi and smaller trucks operated by large, medium-size and small trucking companies. One of Lawrence’s important trucking cases, Stewart v Mitchell Transport, involved a somewhat novel issue the 1980 Motor Carrier Act. The Federal court’s decision on this question has been cited numerous times by Federal and state courts around the country.
Lawrence has been recognized a Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyer by the Trucking Trial Lawyers Association. He has completed specialized U.S. Department of Transportation training for trucking cases on Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, truck crash investigation and truck inspection. He is a member of the Association of Plaintiff’s Interstate Trucking Attorneys and the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys,has completed national level continuing education programs presented by them, the American Association for Justice and others.
Car and Other Vehicle Accident Cases
Since 1993 Lawrence has also represented people hurt in car, motorcycle, bicycle, scooter, bus and pedestrian accidents. These cases involved a wide range of crashes like rear-end, broadside/t-bone, head-on, single vehicle, hit-and-run, uninsured motorist, underinsured motorist and drunk driving crashes which happened on city streets, local roads and highways. He has successfully handled cases involving injuries like head trauma, brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones, herniated discs, bulging discs and back/neck sprains/strains. Lawrence has recovered money for client’s medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering from major car insurance companies including State Farm, Allstate, Farmers Insurance, American Family, Farm Bureau Insurance, Nationwide and others.
- Juris Doctor – University of Kansas School of Law – 1982
- Bachelor of Science – Duquesne University – 1978
Admitted To Practice Before
- Kansas State Courts
- Missouri State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for Kansas
- United States District Court for District of Colorado
- United States Courts of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and 10th Circuit
- US Department of Transportation (USDOT) Motor Carrier Safety Compliance Course, Graduate, September, 2012
- US Department of Transportation (USDOT) Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspection & Crash Investigation Course, Graduate, June, 2018
- Advanced Training on Litigating Truck Collision Cases at the American Association for Justice’s Advanced Trial Advocacy College
- National Multi-day Truck Accident programs by the Association of Plaintiff’s Interstate Trucking Attorneys and Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- American Association for Justice’s Depositions and Advanced Depositions Colleges
- University of Kansas Medical School Mini Medical School
Honors and Awards
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers – The Trucking Trial Lawyers Association
- 10 0ut of 10 Superb Rating by Avvo – Car Accident
- 10 out of 10 Superb Rating by Avvo – Trucking Accident
- 10 out of 10 Superb Rating by Avvo – Personal Injury
- Jackson Family Award of Service
- American Association for Justice
- Kansas Association for Justice
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Association of Plaintiff’s Interstate Trucking Attorneys
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Kansas Bar Association
- KC Metropolitan Bar Association and its Federal Court Advocates Section
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Wyandotte County Bar Association
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court
- Missouri Bar/ UMKC Law School Mini Law School – How Courts Work- An Introduction to State and Federal Courts.
- 2015 Jayhawk Invitational Mock Trial Tournament – Trial Judge for and Critique of Bribery Case Mock Trial
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court Dinner Meeting – Presentation about U.S District Judge D. Brook Bartlett
- Presentation for LRS Phone Intake Staff – Vehicle Accident Cases
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court – Presentation on U.S. Supreme Court case regarding Self Representation in Criminal Cases as part of team presentation.
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court – Presentation on U.S. Supreme Court Case regarding Guantanamo detainees as part of team presentation.